Thursday 15 December 2011

Christmas cupcakes

Could you be having a week like mine? The kind where you are so busy that every second is scheduled and crammed with things that NEED to get done? Could you also, like me, decide that making cupcakes, just because they're yummy, is a good idea? Then you should be my friend, cuz I like people who think that baking chocolate is always top priority.

I don't have a recipe to share for these ones. I actually never measure my frosting recipe. I know what goes in it of course, and I promise that someday soon I will actually sit and figure out the measurements for the frosting. It is actually really yummy. 
So..... If you want to make some christmasy cupcakes, do what I did:

Step 1. Ignore your responsibilities and children for the morning.
Step 2.  Make your favourite chocolate cupcakes. (double it because cake is yummy, and you should eat more than your fair share)
Step 3. Make your favourite frosting recipe. Add some peppermint extract.
Step 4. Sprinkle sugar crystals and crushed candy canes over the top.
Step 5. Eat several of them before the kids come downstairs and try to eat them.  You are the one who made them, you should benefit from your hard work. You might want to leave them one each... I guess...if you're nicer than I am.

-Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment