Wednesday 6 June 2012

Cinnamon Bun White Chocolate Rice Krispie Squares



Remember like 15 years ago when they made Rice Krispie treat cereal? I don't know why, but as soon as I found out about this cereal, I knew I had to have it. I begged. In fact, I think my siblings got in on it too. We had to have it. Well, good luck convincing my mom. The answer was no. Not healthy. Too expensive.

One morning, though, we woke up to homemade (that's right, homemade) Rice Krispie treat cereal. My mom had woken up early, made a big batch or Rice Krispie Squares, broke it up into bite size pieces and let us eat it as cereal. It was the best ever. I don't really remember if it actually tasted that good, or if I just thought my mom was the awesomest.

Well, now that Kraft makes these new cinnamon bun marshmallows (I know, right!), how could they not be tasty as Rice Krispie squares? I added some whit chocolate morsels for good measure.

I was actually not going to blog about this, because it's hardly a recipe, but my hubby went crazy for them, and told me that if I didn't post it, he would. So here it is, people. Let's call it breakfast.


Cinnamon Bun White Chocolate Rice Krispie Squares


  • 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
  • 1 package (250 grams) cinnamon bun marshmallows
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 6 cups Rice Krispies
  • 1 cup white chocolate morsels

In microwaveable bowl, melt the butter and marshmallows for 1 minute. Stir, and zap again for 1 more minute, or until the marshmallows are really puffy.

Add the Rice Krispies and mix until combined. Add the white chocolate.

Press into 9x13 casserole dish and leave for at least 15 minutes (if you can wait that long).




-Jessica



No comments:

Post a Comment